With a host of newly released features, a free initiative set up in the United Kingdom to enable online ordering has been helping businesses get back on their feet.
As hospitality businesses slowly emerge from lockdown, many will be looking to drive revenue, whilst keeping staff and customers safe. To this end, making sure they have a click+collect and/or delivery service has become essential.
F+B To Go is a completely free tool developed by a UK tech firm based in Henley on Thames. In the wake of COVID-19, the Co-Founders of Kitchen CUT saw the devastating impact of the virus on businesses globally and wanted to offer a lifeline to help generate revenue at a time of need.
The platform enables businesses to move their offering online and get set up for delivery or click+collect, providing a contactless, safe trading environment.
Payments can be taken online so that the whole process is completely contactless and safe for both staff and customers. The tool comes with digital shop fronts which can be branded and published anywhere online (via the users website or a unique link that can be shared on social media), connected to a shopping basket and a dashboard for monitoring and tracking orders.
There are no set up fees, no subscription fees for the software and no limits to the number of products on offer. This tool is free to use for the whole of 2020, irrespective of EPOS, Stock system or menu management system. Businesses of any size and any location can sign up on any device and be operational within the hour.
Since launching, the platform has gone from strength to strength and now incorporates the following features:
- Instead of using a default background image, users can now upload their own - whether it is a logo or a picture of their premises, it can be something that customers associate with the company brand.
- Stylised text so that users can choose how to introduce their menu, provide click and collect instructions or any salient customer information.
- Restrict orders to certain postcodes to facilitate delivery within a defined area.
- Item counter - enter the number of any product available, so that the system will stop taking orders when stock has run out.
- Images for menu items.
- Create and accept voucher codes (offer a percentage discount, monetary discount and set these to expire after a certain number have been used, after a certain date and set a minimum spend rule.
- Print orders and customer receipts.
For those already using the system, their operations are thriving. The Oaks Group had their first order within one minute of going live and sold 500 burgers in under 5 minutes on their first day of using the platform.
"What surprised me was how quickly I was up and running. We made a sale within minutes of telling our Instagram followers our online shop was open. It is very straightforward, easy to understand, easy to use and is most importantly very simple for the customer,” said owner Henry Cripps.
“Within a couple of days, I was mastering the system, able to tweak and change, add stock controls and sell a variety of items online. To put it simply, F+B To Go has provided an idiot proof way for me to save my business."
Kitchen CUT is the ultimate in cloud-based, scalable enterprise grade SaaS technology, designed specifically for the hospitality industry. Established in 2012, our founding principal has been to offer software solutions to businesses of all sizes that are entirely scalable as their business grows.
To find out more about F+B To Go, please visit kitchencut.com/fb-to-go