Restaurant & Café
The foodservice industry is a cornerstone of the New Zealand economy with an annual turnover of over $6 billion, employing over 100,000 workers. It is visited by 340,000 diners each week and serves another 1.15 million takeaway customers.
With information at a premium, Restaurant & Cafe gives up to date news, feature stories and relevant editorial commentary on the industry. Restaurants and cafes have the leading share of the foodservice industry market with half of the sales occurring at these types of businesses and while the New Zealand economy continues to have difficulties, the challenges facing operators are being tackled by them through marketing initiatives, menu assessments, and innovative technology.
Restaurant & Cafe delivers strong editorial from its team of knowledgeable vibrant writers in a format that is lively, easy to read and informative, always conscious of being a cost-effective media solution for advertisers.
Review Publishing Co Ltd,
Physical Address: 20 Augustus Terrace, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand.
Postal Address: PO Box 37140, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand.
T: +64 9 304 0142
Review Publishing Co Ltd 2020
Review Publishing Co Ltd is a specialist magazine publisher and undertakes to provide you with a professional service. We undertake to publish your advertisement or paid content according to your verbal or written instructions, and if the material is received on time and according to our listed specifications, to the best of our and our contractor’s (if applicable) ability and be of acceptable quality.
Review Publishing Co Ltd
Terms and Conditions 2020
Acceptance of advertising orders
a) We will accept all advertising provided that they comply with our terms and conditions. All submissions must be for registered businesses that supply, service or educate within the relevant sector/s.
b) An advertiser may request an amendment to their digital advertisement in writing. Review Publishing Co Ltd will action the amendment within seven (7) days of receipt.
c) Print advertisements – any changes to print advertisements must be made prior to production upload, the date of which is no later than the 25th of the month prior to publication issue date.
d) An advertiser may amend or cancel any booking without penalty if written notice is received and receipted by Review Publishing Co Ltd before the advertising cancellation date. Cancellation date is deemed to be the 15th of the month prior to the date of publication. For example 15th March for an April issue. Special positions such as Front cover, back cover, inside front cover/dps, inside back cover or cover wrap the cancellation date is 5th of the month prior to publication issue date. i.e. April issue cancellation date is 5th March.
e) If an advertiser cancels all or part of an advertising booking after the cancellation date or does not meet the advised deadline, we reserve the right to repeat a previously used advertisement and charge the full advertising rate.
a) We will apply appropriate contract rates for multiple space usage for the period of the contract.
b) We will protect rates for the period of the written and confirmed contract, however, should paper prices or postage rates increase during the contract period, we will hold the rate only for one subsequent issue following our rate increase advice.
c) In cases where actual advertising space used falls below the contracted volume, the advertiser accepts that Review will surcharge all space taken to the rate appropriate to the volume of space used.
a) Advertisements, logos and images must be received by the advised deadline and according to our published specifications.
b) If an advertisement is required to be designed and set by us, additional costs for this service will apply. This is a non-commission bearing cost. If advertising material is prepared by Review Publishing Co at no charge then the high-resolution material will not be released to the client unless a release fee is paid.
c) We reserve the right to place ‘advertisement’ above any copy/material which, in our opinion, resembles editorial copy.
d) The advertiser warrants to the publisher that all copy/material complies with all laws, statutes, regulations, codes of practice and any standards applicable to our publications or determined by any relevant regulatory agency or industry self-regulatory body and comply with any standard or requirement specified by us and notified to the advertiser from time to time is not defamatory or does not infringe copyright, trademark or other legal rights of any person is not false, misleading and is true in substance and in fact does not infringe upon the Fair Trading Act 1966 (NZ) (as amended). The advertiser acknowledges that the publisher in accepting the advertisement relies on the provision of this clause and agrees to indemnify the publisher, its employees, affiliates and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense, legal or otherwise, arising as a result of the publication (or non-publication) of any advertisement.
e) Advertising material is held at the advertiser’s risk; is not insured; will only be held unused for three months, and digital files will not be returned.
a) The publisher reserves the right to decline and may, at its discretion, cancel or reschedule any advertisement and accepts no responsibility for late or non-insertion through accident or otherwise.
b) Placement of any advertisement (except where the actual position is confirmed in writing) is at the publisher’s discretion.
c) Casual displacement, rejection or omission of an advertisement does not invalidate a space order.
d) Whilst every care is taken, the publisher will not accept any liability for loss whatsoever incurred through either the content of or the incorrect appearance of an advertisement.
e) Annual subscription includes issues as detailed in either digital or print as available.
f) Where the signing of a booking form in confirmation of the booking has not been completed, Review Publishing Co Ltd reserve the right to verbally confirm the booking with the client and follow this up with an email confirmation to the client.
Taxes and Levies
All quoted rates for advertising are exclusive of GST and any Government taxes/levies and are quoted in New Zealand dollars.
Prompt Payment & Other Discounts
a) Any discounts offered are dependent upon the account being paid under our terms and conditions.
b) Discounts offered which reduce the price per insertion to less than that listed on the media ratecard are referred to as a prompt payment discount and are subject to our trading terms of 20th of the month following invoice. We reserve the right to re-invoice to ratecard rates, and reverse the discount, should the account not be paid within the required period of our trading terms.
a) Accounts for advertisements are due and payable by 20th of the month following the invoice date. Advertisers and their advertising agents are jointly and severally responsible for payment due.
b) Listed rates on media kits are non-commission bearing unless otherwise stated. PMAA accredited Advertising Agencies: Commission of 15% if payment received by the last day of the month following invoice date; 0% if paid after the 15th of the second month following the invoice date. In the event the advertising agency does not meet these payment terms, the publisher reserves the right to approach the Advertiser direct for payment and, in any such case, the Advertising Agency will have no claim on commission whatsoever.
c) If payment for advertising is not made by the due date the Advertiser and Advertising Agency will be liable at market rates for all costs of recovery, commissions and collection fees.
d) Overdue accounts will incur a 15% non-payment penalty per month until the account is settled.
e) RPL reserves the right to publish a notice of unpaid debts in its publications and/or website for any non disputed overdue invoices. RPL will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the client relating to the publishing of this notice/s.
f) Any discounts offered which reduce the price per insertion to less than that listed on the ratecard are treated as prompt payment discounts and are subject to our trading terms of 20th of the month following invoice. We reserve the right to re-invoice to ratecard rates, and reverse the discount, should the account not be paid within the required period of our trading terms.
Review Publishing Co Ltd
Personal information and how we collect it: Examples of personal and company information collected by Review Publishing Co Ltd can include registration for email newsletters or reminders related to the website, event or future events. Types of information collected may contain (but not be limited to) your email address, full name and contact details (including phone number). Providing this information will always be optional for you, however, some services may be limited or unavailable if you choose not to provide the information requested.
Non-personal information and website traffic measuring: Throughout your use of Review Publishing Co Ltd digital services, including our websites, non-personal information may be collected and used by our website, advertising server and other services, such as cookies provided by your internet browser. Examples of such information gathered can contain (but are not limited to) your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you are using, the websites that referred you to our site or service, the pages visited on our sites and the date, time and duration of your visit. This non-personal information may be aggregated anonymously with other users and used both internally or shared with third parties as required to monitor website, digital services and advertiser performance and/or promote or develop Review Publishing Co Ltd websites, events, products or services.
Who we share this information with / Disclosure of information: We may provide your personal information to others if required in the course of carrying out the delivery of services requested by you, to send invoices or bills if required – as part of any marketing or sales promotion relevant to your use of products or services provided by us or other parties, to protect the interests of Review Publishing Co Ltd events and/or our customers are disclosed as otherwise required by law.
What else we do with personally identifiable information: Personally identifiable information collected may be used to confirm your identity in the event that you contact us relating to your personal account and information or regarding a service that Review Publishing Co Ltd provide to you. Personal information may also be used to help create offers or services suitable to you, for marketing, promotional and research activities.
Accessing and updating your information: In accordance with your local privacy laws, you have the right to access and correct your personal information. For more information on how to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review Publishing Co Ltd 2020
Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge Promotion 2020
The Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Competition has returned for another year. In 2020, the competition once again gives baristas from around the country the chance to win a share of $10,000 – the largest cash prize of any barista competition in the country.
Vitasoy Espress Yourself is a fantastic opportunity for baristas nationwide to showcase their skills in front of a live audience and renowned judges. The winner will take home $5000 cash, with second and third place receiving $1750 and $750 respectively.
This year there is a new monthly prize of $250. Simply upload your latte art to Instagram with the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafe to go in the draw. At the end of each month we’ll collect all the entries and share them on our Facebook page so you can show off to your family and friends! One prize per month of $250 will be awarded until 31 August 2020, so keep your entries coming.
All entries into the monthly prize will automatically be entered in consideration for the live final competition to be held on 10 October 2020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge Promotion (Promotion)
Upon submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge that they understand the following terms and conditions. Please note that these terms and conditions include individual responsibilities and requirements of representation imposed on the winner.
- Promotional Period: 15 June 2020 at 12:01am NZDT to 30 September 2020 at 11:59PM NZDT.
- To enter, simply take a photo of your latte art, either free pour or designer or both (as single entries), with dairy or plant milk, and upload to Instagram using the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafenz.
- If you are chosen as a finalist you will be required to provide a photograph of yourself taken with your latte art entry to attest to your work so make sure that you have a photo taken at the same time as your entry photograph and hold on to it.
- If you don’t have Instagram, then email submissions are also accepted at email@example.com.
Mail entries are also accepted at:
VITASOY ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Challenge
PO Box 37140 Parnell
Entries Close 31 August 2020
Finalists announced 30 September 2020
Finalists compete 10 October 2020 in Auckland.
Winners announced 30 November 2020
5. Competitors must be working within the hospitality sector in New Zealand. Entries are not permitted from outside New Zealand.
6. Competitors must submit photographs of actual latte art that they have produced. Images are not to be filtered, adjusted or altered using any software. Competitors, by submitting an entry confirm that their images have not been tampered with.
7. All entries will be loaded onto the VITASOY ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Competition website as part of Restaurant & Cafe magazine and on social media channels.
8. The judges will be nominated by the Promoter and they will select three finalists. The entrants will be judged on the most original and creative latte art.
9. The Promoter will contact the finalists via their Instagram page.
10. These finalists will be required to attend a live judging in Auckland on 10 October 2020.
11. The Vitasoy Espress Yourself Challenge is a gallery of artistic expression in a competition platform that challenges baristas from around New Zealand to put their best latte art up on instagram. All of the images will be judged by a panel of three industry professionals. A selection of the finalists (3) will be made and these baristas will compete live in Auckland on 10 October 2020.
12. At the Finals challenge, baristas will be required to:-
a) Produce a single creative pattern within 10 minutes that will be photographed.
b) The finalists will then free pour two identical lattes from either one pitcher of dairy milk or one pitcher of plant milk.
c) Finally each barista will produce two identical designer lattes, etching or surface decoration or surface aid permitted.
Points will be attributed to:
i) Visual attributes
ii) Creativity and innovation
iii) Level of intricacy
iv) Identical patterns and contrast patterns
v) Overall performance
12. Finalists must use the plant-based and dairy milk brands provided by the Promoter which will be advised in the information pack sent to the finalists. The final of the Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge takes place over one day on 10 October 2020 in Auckland.
13. The winner will be announced by 30 November 2020 through Restaurant & Café magazine and its social media channels.
14. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. Payment of prizes will be to the winners nominated bank account within 21 days of the announcement of winners.
15. Prize List – the following is the prize pool that the finalists will be competing for in the Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Competition.
a) 1st prize $5,000 for plant-based or dairy pour;
b) 2nd prize $1,750 for plant-based or dairy pour;
c) 3rd prize, $750 for plant-based or dairy pour; and
16. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winners will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
20. Entrants warrant that they own the intellectual property in each entry and by entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter and Vitasoy Australia Products Pty Ltd an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
21. Promoter: Review Publishing Co Limited.
22. E&O.E. Any errors or omissions on this document that do not substantively alter the intent of the competition or the prize pool may be corrected during the course of the competition.
PITCHme Foodservice 2021
INFORMATION PACK – to receive an information pack for the 2021 activity please email firstname.lastname@example.org