375g short pastry sheet
50g parmesan or veggie alternative, finely grated
1 egg, beaten
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 Beekist cherry tomatoes, thickly sliced
A handful of basil leaves
Fresh basil or basil pesto for garnish
- Tip the ricotta into a sieve and leave to drain over a bowl while you prepare everything else.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Unroll the sheet of pastry onto a baking tray and score a border 2cm in from the edge. Prick all over inside the border with a fork then put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven (leave the oven on) and gently press the middle down if it has puffed up. Leave to cool a little.
- Tip the ricotta into a bowl. Add the parmesan, egg and garlic. Mix and season.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the tart shell then lay over the tomatoes. Season the tomatoes then put back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown and crisp, and the tomatoes have started to colour a little. Serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil and scattered with basil.