This recipe has been supplied by Be Pure. It is Gluten Free, Diary Free and Egg Free. For more information visit www.bepure.co.nz.
Ingredients (serves 4)
8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 red or yellow capsicum, diced
Zest of 1 orange (the whole orange is then halved and added to the dish)
1 Tbsp fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
1 L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
2 cups of green beans
For the cauliflower puree:
½ cauliflower, chopped
1 ladle of cooking juices
Large handful of parsley
Salt and pepper
Note: You can serve the chicken with rice if you prefer.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop and prepare all vegetables and zest oranges.
- In a large casserole dish place chicken pieces and surround with chopped vegetables, (including garlic cloves and herbs). Pour over stock and halved orange pieces. Sprinkle chicken with orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cook cauliflower in a pot of boiling water until soft. Once cooked, drain and put into a food processor or stick blender jug, adding a ladle of juices from the cooked chicken or hot water. Season and puree with a stick blender (or food processor). Adjust the amount of liquid for consistency of puree, less for a thicker puree.
- Using the hot water from the cauliflower, blanch the beans.
- Serve chicken and cauliflower with beans. Any extra chicken can be sliced and used for leftovers. Any cooking juices can be used for a soup.