By Matthias Beer, Scenic Matavai Resort, Niue
220g wahoo fish fillet
80ml coconut cream
40g onion brown
35ml sweet chilli sauce
5g coriander leaf
10g mild curry powder
5ml fish sauce
- Boil the cassava until al dente. In the meantime, finely dice the banana, the pawpaw, 10g of the brown onion and add into a bowl with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir together the ingredients with the juice of a half lemon and 25ml sweet chilli sauce.
- Once the chutney is complete, roast the rest of the onions, ginger, garlic and curry powder in a pan.
- When it starts to stick on the pan add a little water, the fish sauce and 50ml coconut cream.
- After simmering for 5 minutes, add the chopped cassava into the curry sauce.
- Season the wahoo fillet and panfry quickly on both sides.
Plate the dish and finalise with the spiced coconut sauce – 30ml coconut cream, juice of half a lemon, 15ml sweet chilli sauce and salt.