Top restaurateurs have battled it out for the illustrious Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Food Guide awards, in what’s been described as “the restaurant industry’s night of nights”.
The awards are designed to recognise outstanding work from across the trade, with diverse categories ranging from Best New Restaurant to Sommelier of the Year.
The winners are as follows:
- Citi Chef of the Year – Federico Zanellato, LuMi Bar & Dining
- Best New Restaurant – Restaurant Hubert
- Santa Vittoria Regional Restaurant of the Year – Paper Daisy
- Citi Service Excellence Award – Astrid McCormack, Fleet
- Vittoria Coffee Legend – Leon Fink
- Champagne Taittinger Sommelier of the Year – Tim Watkins, Automata
- Wine List of the Year – Monopole
- Regional Wine List of the Year – Fleet
- Bar of the Year – Continental Deli Bar & Bistro
- Best Bar Food – Bar Brosé
- Best Cheap Eat – Bovine & Swine Barbecue Co.
- Café of the Year – Paramount Coffee Project
- Josephine Pignolet Young Chef of the Year – Noel Jelfs
- Food For Good Award – Parliament on King
- The Streets of Bangaroo People’s Choice Award – Dead Ringer
The Sydney Morning Herald 2017 Good Food Guide is on sale now in newsagents and bookstores.