This is a time of increased pressure and stress for all New Zealanders. We all have a role to play in reducing the spread of COVID-19, and that means we are being asked to make major changes in our lives. It is important to make sure you look after yourself as well as your business.
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand has some really helpful tips and resources to help you if you are struggling, and remember, it’s really normal if you are.
The Foundation’s tips are based on the Five Ways to Wellness:
- Connect - Positive social interactions make us feel happy, connected and secure.
- Give - Carrying out acts of kindness, whether small or large, can increase happiness, life satisfaction and general sense of wellbeing.
- Take Notice - Taking notice can include gratitude, forgiveness, reflection and building a life that is meaningful to you.
- Keep Learning - Learning, remaining curious and setting goals are important for everyone at every stage of life.
- Be Active - Being physically active is proven to boost our wellbeing and decrease stress, depression and anxiety.
You can find more Wellbeing Tips here.
For guidance on Workplace Wellbeing during COVID, click here.