Five chefs have been chosen to take part in the inaugural Ora King Next Generation mentoring programme alongside their selected mentors. Three South Island and two North Island based chefs aged from 19-30 years have made the grade. The Ora King Generation chefs for 2016 are;
- Clement Mathon, pastry chef, True South Dining Room, Queenstown
- Daryl Remaneses, junior chef de partie, Baretta, Christchurch
- Harrison McIntyre, apprentice chef, Skycity Conventions, Auckland
- Joelle Snook, commis chef, Fusion Restaurant and Café, Timaru
- Maxime Gnojczak, junior sous chef, Restaurant One80, Wellington
- New Zealand King Salmon marketing general manager Jemma McCowan said Ora King is delighted with the response to the programme.
“We are pleased with the competitive field of applicants who expressed their achievements and aspirations well, and as a result, narrowing the applicants down to a final selection was definitely a challenge,” said McCowan.
Mentors include, Andrew Brown from Dragons Den, Chetan Pangham, One80 Restaurant, Simon Green at Halo Restaurant, Kevin Hopgood at Hopgood’s Nelson, and Darren Johnson from Masu. Caption: Harrison McIntyre