From 45 applications, sixteen grants totalling $125,775 have been awarded by the Hospitality Training Trust for 2021.
In May 2020, the Trusts announced a $1.37 million support package for key industry associations.
“The hospitality sector in New Zealand is under as much pressure as it has ever faced in its history, so this is the industry helping the industry out,” said Trust Chair Brice Robertson.
The package has been shared by Hospitality New Zealand, The Restaurant Association of New Zealand, Holiday Parks New Zealand, Tourism Industry Aotearoa, and the New Zealand Chef’s Association.
2021 Grants were awarded to:
- Bed & Breakfast Association, $4,025, Guide to Running a Successful Bed & Breakfast
- NZChefs Association, $12,000, NZChefs Seminar Series - Food for Thought
- NZChefs Association, $6,000, NZ Hospitality Championships 2021
- Young Tourism Export Council, $10,000, Leadership Day 2021
- BYATA ~ Backpacker Youth Adventure Tourism Association, $10,000, BYATA Covid Recovery Project
- Hospitality NZ, $10,000, Knowledge Hub Compliance Training,
- Hospitality NZ, $15,000, Revenue Management Modules for Accommodation Sector
- DINE, $10,000, DINE Youth Wellington Hospitality Showcase 2021
- Hotel Chathams, $3,750, NZ Wine education on the Chatham Islands
- The Learning Lab, $7,500, The Safe Food Refresh Programme
- Ara Institute of Canterbury, $2,500, Ara Cookery & Bakery Competition
- Ara Institute of Canterbury, $6,000, Masterclasses for high school teachers
- Food Writers New Zealand, $5,000, Food Writers NZ - Professional Development Programme 2021
- RANZ, $12,500, Professional Development Roadshow 2021
- RANZ, $8,500, Implementation of podcasting software and new podcast library
- NZSWP, $3,000, New Zealand Wine Tasting Competition