World Chocolate Day is just around the corner, celebrated every year on the 7th of July.
Everyone is partial to a bit of chocolate, be it Milk, Dark or White. Loved around the world, more than seven million cubic tonnes of chocolate is consumed every year.
On TikTok, the chocolate cocktail trend is gathering plenty of attention, with the hashtag #chocolatecocktail receiving over 1.2 million views. Inspired by this, the team at The Bottle Club have compiled a list of chocolate-infused cocktail recipes to try out this week to celebrate World Chocolate Day.
Chocolate Orange Cocktail:
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100ml of water
- Zest of 1 orange or clementine
- Dark chocolate to decorate the glasses
- 100ml vodka
- 100ml crème de cacao
- 40ml orange juice
- Grate your bar of dark chocolate (to be used for decorating the rim of the glass) at a later stage.
- Make your orange syrup - add 100g of golden caster sugar and orange zest to 100ml of water and bring to a boil in a pan. Once the liquid has a syrup-like texture, strain and cool.
- Using a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, orange syrup, creme de cacao, orange juice and some ice cubes, shaking to mix.
- Dampen the rim of your glasses and dip them into the grated dark chocolate.
- Pour the cocktail into your glass and enjoy.
Chocolate Espresso Martini:
- 25ml Drambuie liqueur
- 25ml Scotch whisky
- 50ml cooled espresso
- 5ml vanilla syrup
- Ice cubes
- Chocolate mini eggs
- Crush your chocolate mini eggs into a bowl or small plate - dampen the rim of your martini glass and dip in the crushed chocolate eggs.
- Mix the Drambuie liqueur, Scotch whisky, cooled espresso and vanilla syrup using a cocktail shaker, shaking until the solution is mixed and foamy in texture.
- Once mixed fully, add ice and continue to shake.
- Strain the drink and pour it into your martini glass.
- Garnish with a mini egg on a cocktail stick.