The French New Zealand Chamber of Commerce is holding an inaugural gala dinner in Auckland to celebrate 35 years in operation. In partnership with gold sponsors ACCOR, Bureau Veritas and Cinci Construction, the ‘Paris at Night’-themed event will take place on the 10th of October.
The dinner will also host the inaugural ‘French Business Awards’, which will recognise excellence, success and innovation across seven categories. The awards are as follows:
- Best French Importer. An award to recognise the success and dedication of importing products from France to New Zealand.
- Best Kiwi Exporter. An award to recognise the success and dedication of exporting products from New Zealand to France.
- Best French-Kiwi Partnership Award. An award for fostering increased engagement between France and New Zealand through commitment and expansion.
- Best French SME. An award recognising the developer of an innovative product or service in New Zealand.
- Best French Tech Award. An award to recognise a start-up focussing on new technology that demonstrates a high potential for growth, innovation and is forward-thinking.
- Best French Bakery.
- Best French Restaurant.
The judging panel for the awards consists of a range of powerful Kiwi and French business and diplomatic community heavyweights, including the New Zealand Trade Enterprise trade commissioner to France, Ariane Gonzalez.
Thibault Beaujot, president of the French New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, said, “The French New Zealand Chamber of Commerce was created 34 years ago by a handful of French expatriates. Nowadays, it represents more than 120 companies’ members that employ more than 5000 people around New Zealand. This is our chance to officially acknowledge—in our quintessential French way—all the incredible business performers within our community who day in, and day out, live and breathe our values supporting strong French-Kiwi bi-lateral relations.”
To find out more, or to vote for your favourite French gastronomy location, visit here.