With more than half the country able to move to Alert Level 3 after midnight on Tuesday 31 August, it’s good to remind yourself of the business guidelines and obligations under this Alert Level.
The Government’s Golden Rules for businesses at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it cannot operate. Physical distancing rules apply and you may therefore need to re-organise the business to enable you to maintain physical distancing.
- Your staff should work from home if they can.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises. Unless you are a supermarket, dairy, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service. Hospitality businesses can provide contactless delivery and kerb-side takeaway/ Click&Collect.
- Your business must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers must stay home if they are sick.
- You must meet all other health and safety obligations.
For full guidance on doing business at Alert Level 3, visit the Government COVID-19 website.
For tips on moving to Alert Level 3, click here.