This year looks very different for everyone on many fronts and the impacts of these challenging times are being felt closely in the New Zealand hospitality industry. But the Nestlé Golden Chef’s Hat Award is standing by the young chef community and is excited to continue its support with a reimagined virtual competition for 2020.
The Nestlé Golden Chef’s Hat Award has a 55-year legacy in Australia as the most credible culinary competition for young chefs, offering them the chance to elevate their professional development and employment prospects. This year introduces a new trans-Tasman element, with the competition launching here in New Zealand to support even more chefs.
Key details for the 2020 competition:
- Enter as an individual chef
- Submit a 3-min video showcasing an epic dish
- 12 regional winning chefs from New Zealand and Australia selected
- Plus 6 video category awards
- Top 12 chefs compete in the grand finals (details to be announced)
- 1 chef crowned Chef of the Year and awarded a $10kAUD cash prize
- Cash prizes at every stage, with the overall winner receiving $10k!
“There are a vast amount of people hurting in the industry right now and now, more than ever, is the time young Kiwi chefs need our support,” said Mark Clayton, Nestlé Professional Executive Chef.
“The reimagined format will still offer young chefs the chance to keep elevating their skills and be a part of the supportive community that is foodservice.”
This is a great opportunity for young New Zealand chefs to make connections, elevate their skills and shape their future as chefs.
Chefs can get involved at enter.nestle-goldenchefs.com.au
Full details, including age criteria, on this year’s Golden Chef’s at nestleprofessional.com.au/Golden-Chefs