Tauranga’s Great Spice has taken out New Zealand’s People’s Choice Award, a competition run by Menulog. Initially, 56 restaurants were nominated from across the country as finalists, with the Otumoetai spot taking out first place.
Great Spice’s owner, Khem Aryal, said that they make their food straight from their heart, and he hoped this was showcased to customers.
Rory Murphy, the commercial director for Menulog, said that the awards were designed to recognise and share the hard work and success of Menulog’s partners.
The regional winners featured a lot of similar cuisine, eight out of ten being Indian food. The winners are listed below:
- Central Auckland - Mt Everest Kitchen (Nepalese and Indian Restaurant)
- Northern Beaches - King of India Takeaways & Deliveries (A range of Indian specialities)
- South Auckland - Goody's Indian Takeaway & Deliveries (Indian and Fish and Chips)
- Canterbury Region - Pepper Bridge Indian
- Otago Region - Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
- Waikato Region - Chilli India Restaurant
- Wellington Region - Spices Indian Takeaway
Sattawan Singh from Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant said that the Menulog platform has revolutionised the way they do business. Not only has it increased their orders, but the inclusion of Menulog means that 90 percent of their orders are online.