If you have what it takes to julienne a carrot like a pro or make the best bed in show, take note: entries are now open for the NZ Hospitality Championships. This annual 4-day event will run alongside The Auckland Food Show from Thursday 27 July to Sunday 30 July at the Logan Campbell Centre, ASB Showgrounds.
With 74 competitions there is something for everyone - entrants can vie for titles including champion of the coveted ‘Dilmah High Tea’, ‘Margarine Sculpting’ and ‘Live Classic Cocktail’. Challengers of all ages and stages can compete with divisions covering Junior, Secondary School, In Training and Open.
A new addition to the championships this year is ‘Training Chef of the Year’ - a triathlon event sponsored by Blue Rock. “This is an exciting development for Chefs in training, who now have the opportunity to win an ‘of the Year’ title whilst undergoing their training to become a professional Chef”, said Carmel Clark, NZ Chefs Executive Officer. There are a further 11 opportunities for competitors to walk away with an ‘of the Year’ title, including:
- Commis Chef of the Year, sponsored by Southern Hospitality
- Junior Pastry Chef of the Year, sponsored by Equagold
- Pastry Chef of the Year, sponsored by Hospitality Business
- Cocktail Champion of the Year, sponsored by Bartercard
- Training Service Person of the Year, sponsored by Hospitality Training Trust
- Service Person of the Year, sponsored by NZ Chefs
- Chef of the Year , sponsored by Moffat
Interested in entering? Find out more at www.nzchefs.org.nz/Competitions and fill out an entry form before 30 June 2017.