By Josh Barlow, The Sugar Club, Auckland
- Leave at room temperature for several hours. Season with oil and salt before cooking on the BBQ.
Baby Gem Lettuce
3 pieces of baby gem lettuce, cut in half
- Caramelise on the BBQ with oil and salt. Dress with gremolata.
White Onion Puree
- Slice onions and cook down over a medium heat until they are translucent and soft.
- Blend until smooth.
80g flat leaf parsley
5g Ortiz anchovy fillets
2 cloves garlic
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1-2 Lemon juice and zest
- Blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning and acidity to taste.
Smoked Bone Marrow Sauce
2 shallots finely diced
20g flat leaf parsley
50ml red wine vinegar
250ml reduced beef stock
- Soak the bone marrow for 3 days. Change water frequently.
- Pop out from the bones and run under water until pale white.
- Dice it into half-cm cubes.
- When everything is ready, heat up a pan until nearly smoking and put all the bone marrow in.
- Add shallots and parsley before the beef stock. Adjust seasoning with red wine vinegar and salt to taste.
Serve when everything is hot.