For the second year in a row, Saint Clair Family Estate dominated New Zealand’s iconic wine and food lover’s magazine with their line-up of wines filling the Sauvignon Blanc tasting pages.
Issue number 203 January 2021 of Cuisine contains an in-depth review of some of New Zealand’s finest Sauvignon Blanc wines and the highly competitive Sauvignon Blanc tasting boasted an astounding 142 entries. The Cuisine panel awarded only seven wines the highly acclaimed 5-Star rating with five of these seven wines from family-owned Marlborough winery Saint Clair Family Estate.
“It is part of Saint Clair’s mission to produce the world’s best Sauvignon Blanc and therefore to receive recognition such as this by a panel of wine experts is an outstanding achievement for our team. We are fortunate to have some of the best vineyard sites in Marlborough (possibly the world) for the production of top-quality Sauvignon Blanc,” commented Managing Director, Neal Ibbotson.
“This combined with the efforts of a highly skilled team has enabled us to be on the journey to achieve our mission to produce some of New Zealand’s finest Sauvignon Blanc.”
The following wines rated highly (Cuisine Magazine Issue 203):
- Top 12 No 1 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 1 Foundation Sauvignon Blanc 2020.
- Top 12 No 2 Saint Clair Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2020.
- Top 12 No 5 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 20 Cash Block Sauvignon Blanc 2020.
- Top 12 No 6 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 11 Cell Block Sauvignon Blanc 2020.
- Top 12 No 7 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 3 43 Degrees Sauvignon Blanc 2020.