Every year, Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel platform, pulls together all the reviews, ratings, and saves that travellers share from across the globe and uses that info to spotlight the very best. The Travellers' Choice Best of the Best awards celebrates them all.
New Zealand may be a little country at the bottom of the world, but we are loved by intrepid, global travellers. This year, top Auckland restaurant The Grove made it onto the Best Fine Dining – World list.
The Grove (#21)
Since its doors opened in 2004, The Grove has secured itself as one of Auckland’s top restaurants with a unique approach to both food and service. Intimate and warm, the restaurant is located in Saint Patricks Square next to the historic Saint Patrick’s Cathedral in the heart of Auckland city. The Grove serves modern New Zealand food offering degustation dining that changes frequently with seasonality and market availability.
“We invite you to experience our award-winning restaurant where food and wine come together passionately,” The Grove.
Best Fine Dining – New Zealand
Auckland and Queenstown dominated the list of top 10 Fine Dining restaurants in New Zealand:
- The Grove – Auckland
- Mudbrick Vineyard & Restaurant – Waiheke Island
- One Tree Grill – Auckland
- Hopgoods – Nelson
- Jervois Steak House – Queenstown
- Sails Restaurant – Auckland
- The Bunker – Queenstown
- The Craggy Range Restaurant – Havelock North
- Rata – Queenstown
- 10 Ortega Fish Stack – Wellington
Best Everyday Dining – New Zealand
Indian cuisine populated the list of top 10 Everyday Dining in New Zealand:
- Master of India – Taupo
- Blue Kanu – Queenstown
- Indian Star Restaurant – Rotorua
- Urban Oyster Bar & Eatery – Nelson
- Atticus Finch – Rotorua
- Etrusco at the Savoy – Dunedin
- Bella Cucina – Queenstown
- Gothenburg – Hamilton
- India Today Tandoor & Bistro – New Plymouth
- Twenty Seven Steps - Christchurch
Travellers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to browse more than 859 million reviews and opinions of 8.6 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises.