Gilmours announced the 2023 lineup for the Best in Class Wine competition, comprising a selection of international and local, high-quality wines available in New Zealand.
This competition allows wineries to participate in the only business-to-business international wine competition in New Zealand, enabling them to get their wine in front of our Foodservice customers. The goal behind the competition is to create a list of the best international wines suitable for any wine list.
Now in its third year, Gilmours’ Best in Class is the only business-to-business international wine competition in New Zealand. It allows wineries to get their products in front of Gilmours’ food service customers.
Chief Steward Jo Gear judged the two-day event, which took place in March when all wines were blind-tasted and adjudicated on style, region, and vintage. Master of Wine, Emma Jenkins, chaired the panel. She sat alongside Sam Kim (Wine Orbit) and Jane Skilton (Master of Wine).
The 2023 Winners are:
- Berton Vineyards Metal Label Vermentino 2022 - Australia.
- Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2019 - Australia.
- Pepperjack Cabernet Sauvignon 2021 - Australia.
- Arrogant Frog Ribet Red Cabernet Merlot 2021 - France.
- Champagne Achille Princier Grand Réserve Brut NV - France.
- Minuty M De Minuty Cotes de Provence Rosé 2021 - France.
- Mont Redon Cote du Rhone Reserve Blanc 2021 - France.
- Gran Sasso Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC 2021 - Italy.
- Gran Sasso Sangiovese IGP 2021 - Italy.
- Riporta Nero d'Avola Terre Siciliane IGT 2021 - Italy.
- Tallero Prosecco Extra Dry DOC NV - Italy.
- Vesevo Beneventano Falanghina IGT 2022 - Italy.
- Campo Viejo Reserva 2017 - Spain.
- Vina Borgia by Borsao Organic Garnacha 2021 - Spain