SIAL China has announced the 10 finalists for the SIAL Innovation 2018 Award. The prize winners will be announced during SIAL Innovation Awarding Ceremony on May 16th in Hall E3 at SIAL China 2018. The 10 finalists were chosen from 164 excellent and innovative products by Jury pre-selection.
The 10 prize-winning products all touch on developments that are important to Asian and Chinese food industry. Each product aims to bring enjoyment and pleasure to consumers through quality ingredients and product design. The jury considered health, packaging and customer convenience for selecting the SIAL Innovation Finalists. Each product will undoubtedly be popular with consumers in stores and restaurants. Every finalist can be found at the SIAL China exhibition hall (booth numbers indicated below). These products can also be found in the SIAL Innovation area @ Hall E3.
The 10 finalists are:
REVALA LTD – Ice Cream Powder for HoReCa and Factories with Probiotics
- Mix for ice cream enriched with probiotics. Selected for the recipe enriched with probiotics.
UMBRIA TARTUFI – A.R. TARTUFI SRL – Truffle Tea
- Black tea with black truffle. With slices of dried truffle. Selected for the original pairing of black tea with black truffle.
TEA VENTURE / NOVELTEA – The Tale of Tangier and The Tale of Earl Grey
- Cold-brewed tea and spirit drink. 11% alcohol by volume. Gluten free. Vegan. Selected for the innovative recipe of cold-brew tea and spirit blend for drink.
CHENGDU MAYALAND TRADING CO., LTD – Mexico Avocado Honey
- Avocado honey. Selected for the recipe originality.
SAFE CATCH – Elite Wild Seasoned Tuna
- Tuna with the lowest mercury level on the market. From sustainable fishing. Dolphin safe. GMO free. Hand-packed to retain nutrients and Omega 3. Paleo certified. Selected for the low mercury level in tuna.
SAPPE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED – ZEAMAX
- Fish snack rich in protein, low in calories. 90% fish. Not fried. Selected for the healthy positioning for snacks.
COMTEMP, LDA – BBQ Sauce with Porto Wine
- Port wine barbecue sauce. Selected for the recipe of port wine sauce with a smoky flavor.
HSU SHENG FOOD ENTERPRISE CO., LTD. – Fresh Fruit Popsicles
- Sorbet stick with fresh fruit pieces. 100% natural. Selected for the addition of real fresh fruits in sorbet.
BEIJING ZHENWEIFANG FOOD CO., LTD – DELICIOUS Daily Nuts for Children 540g
- Mix of dried fruits and nuts in 27g convenient pouch for children. Selected for the healthy mix of nuts and dried fruits for children.
H.K.BAOZHISU GRO – Konjac Pueraria Red Bean Porridge with Coix Seed
Hong Kong Region
- Cereal dessert with functional and selected ingredients. Natural. Selected for the functional ingredients.
The members of the 2018 SIAL Innovation jury:
- Xavier Terlet, President of XTC World Innovation
- Prof. Moon Junghoon, Seoul University
- Song Jun, More-V Flying Eagle Farm Investment Co., Ltd. (USA)
- Yu Fang, Food Global Industry Magazine
SIAL Innovation is the only international contest with a presence in the four corners of the world. Made up of food-industry experts, and held in partnership with XTC World Innovation, the jury rewards 10 finalists and hands out the Gold/Silver/Bronze Awards. All the winners will benefit from the unique opportunity of travelling the world by displaying their products in a dedicated area, called World Champions Tour, within all the SIAL network shows, which take place in Canada (Toronto and Montreal), China, Indonesia, France and the Middle East.
SIAL Innovation finalists and the World Champions Tour can be seen in hall E3 from 16 to 18 of May 2018. The 2018 bronze, silver and gold SIAL Innovation awards will be named on the show on May, 16th at 3:30pm in hall E3.