Since launching in Auckland last year, Uber Eats has six times as many local restaurants on the Uber Eats app – expanding from approximately 70 at launch to more than 400 Auckland eateries on the app today – as well as adding three new cities.
“We’re so pleased Kiwis have embraced the magic of online food delivery,” said Emma Foley, New Zealand country manager for Uber Eats. “Uber Eats is already popular among Kiwis as an extremely convenient and reliable way to get the food they love, delivered at Uber speed – and this is only set to grow.
“From a smoothie bowl for breakfast to a bagel for lunch, and tacos for dinner to a late-night cheeseburger, Uber Eats gives Kiwis access to fresh, quality meals at the push of a button delivered to their home, work or anywhere in between.”
Uber Eats offers Aucklanders 35 cuisines and more than 24,000 menu items available on the app – a number that is growing daily.
To mark a successful first year, Uber Eats has analysed order data to reveal what, how and when Aucklanders have been eating:
- Most popular meals at each meal time are:
- Breakfast: Hash Brown
- Lunch: Teriyaki Chicken Donburi
- Dinner: Pad Thai
- Late dinner: Kebab
- The fastest delivery was a speedy 178 seconds – a hamburger delivered from McDonald’s New Lynn.
- Largest order cost $655.99 from Gusto Italiano
- Most prolific orderer: 44 Uber Eats orders in one week
- Top meals ordered at 10 of the busiest Auckland restaurants:
- Hot Bird Salad from Boy & Bird
- King Salmon Bagel from Best Ugly Bagels
- Build your own Bowl from Poke Bar
- Pad Thai from @Bangkok
- Big Mac Combo from McDonald’s®
- Kebab from Kebab King
- Chick’n from Lord Of The Fries
- Teriyaki Chicken Donburi from &Sushi
- Butter Chicken from Chaahat Indian Cuisine
- Regular Burrito from Mad Mex