1x Retail pack of Silverfern Farms reserve eye fillet
100gr Prinz Oyster Mushroom
100gr Butter (room temperature)
1 tsp marmite
50ml red wine vinegar
50gr caster sugar
1 star anise
100g pre boiled waxy potatoes, peeled and cut for sautee
Chopped herbs (flat parsley, mint, tarragon) your choice, plenty of
2 large pinches toasted cumin seeds
- Whisk marmite into butter. Roll into a tube shape in greaseproof paper, chill in fridge.
- Boil vinegar, sugar, clove and anise, pour over sliced oyster mushrooms. Set aside and season with salt to taste.
- Grill steak to your liking – Silver Fern Farms retail packs have great instructions if you are unsure.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, sautee potatoes until golden, season with salt & pepper, herbs and cumin seeds.
- Arrange steak on plate next to mushrooms and potato. Top with a slice of marmite butter and watercress & serve.
—MAT MCLEAN, HEAD CHEF – PALATE