By Norka Mella Munoz, Mangapapa Hotel, Hawke’s Bay
500 grams Ōra King Salmon (medium diced)
Juice of 5 lemons (3 for marinating, 2 for dressing)
½ red capsicum, finely diced
½ yellow capsicum, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium avocado, finely diced
Salt and pepper
100 grams mixed quinoa, red and white
500 ml water
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water, add drained quinoa to pot with 500 ml water and pinch of salt. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce the temperature. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed and grains are cooked.
- In a bowl combine, the diced salmon and juice of 3 lemons mix and cover, rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a second bowl combine the capsicums, onion, garlic, olive oil, coriander and salt and pepper. Reserve half of this mixture to be combined with the cooked quinoa. Season to taste.
- After 20 minutes, drain the salmon and combine with the other half of the capsicum mixture. Add avocado and juice of two lemons with seasoning to taste.
- In a glass or bowl place the quinoa in the base, ceviche on top and garnish with coriander leaves.