Auckland pizzeria and burger restaurant Crusty’s Pizza Burger has won most popular restaurant in the Menulog Restaurant Awards for summer 2017/18. Located in Hobsonville, Crusty’s Pizza Burger is renowned for its signature Beef Pizza Burger dish – a beef, pepperoni, red onion, and mozzarella cheese burger encased in a golden pizza shell.
The family-run business handcrafts its pizza and burgers using locally sourced ingredients to provide the Hobsonville community with a delicious range of food which were qualities that helped it take out the title of the most popular Menulog restaurant in New Zealand.
The Menulog Restaurant Awards are open to all restaurants and takeaways on the Menulog platform and are selected based on popularity, rating and customer satisfaction. Menulog is New Zealand’s largest online food delivery service cuisine with more than 900 restaurants available via the Menulog App or menulog.co.nz.
Menulog NZ Commercial Director, Paul Dodds, said the bi-annual awards continue to grow as more restaurants use Menulog’s online ordering technology to meet increasing demand from customers for home delivery.
“The Menulog Restaurant Awards are about celebrating the successes of our valued restaurant partners and great food. Our summer awards look at some of the most popular restaurants across New Zealand and with almost 1,000 eateries on the platform, for Crustys to take out the overall title is a huge accomplishment. The fact they are a local family-run restaurant is testament to the value Menulog brings to restaurants of all sizes and the real opportunity for local businesses to grow and thrive with online ordering and delivery.”
Menulog awards an overall national winner, as well as recognising top specialty restaurants in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin including Indian, Japanese and Thai cuisines.
Popular Mt Wellington restaurant Big Fish Eatery won the best Japanese category in Auckland, meanwhile local Chinese favourite Ming Du in Karori won Wellington’s best Asian cuisine award.
This year’s winners include:
- National winner – Crusty’s Pizza Burger
- Best Indian (Auckland) – Kabana Indian Cuisine
- Best Thai (Auckland) – Krung Thep Thai Street Food
- Best Asian (Auckland) – Golden Bridge
- Best Japanese (Auckland) – Big Fish Eatery
- Best Chicken (Auckland) – Chuck ‘N’ Chicken
- Best Thai (Rotorua) – Herbs & Spices Thai Restaurant
- Best Indian (Tauranga) – Cardamom Indian Restaurant
- Best Indian (Christchurch)- Pepper Bridge Indian
- Best BBQ (Christchurch) – BBQ Rib Runner
- Best Indian (Dunedin) – Indian Spice
- Best Indian (Wellington) – Spice Lounge
- Best Asian (Wellington) – Ming Du (Chinese)
The next Menulog Restaurant Awards will kick off again in winter, with the next season’s winning restaurants to be announced in July 2018.