The Restaurant Association’s wellness panel made up of members and industry leaders has identified the need more training and awareness about mental health in the hospitality industry. The Panel has partnered with St John and have been funded by the generosity of the Lewisham Foundation to design a training experience that addresses the mental health and wellness of the hospitality industry.
Learn how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health issues. Using a variety of best practice learning methods, including discussions, videos and scenario work, this course is ideal for anyone wanting to help recognise mental distress and what they can do to help.
On completion attendees will:
- be able to identify the early signs of mental distress
- be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
- Have an understanding of the relationship between mental health and unwellness
- Identify when a person may be experiencing a mental health crisis
- Identify strategies for managing a mental health crisis safely
- Know and be able to use the St John Listen to your HEAD action plan.
- Identify agencies who can help and/or know how to get immediate assistance if necessary
- Understand debrief strategies for self-care including reflective practice
Numbers are strictly limited so make sure to book in for you and your staff early to avoid disappointment.
When: 15 Oct 2018 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Where: 45 Normanby Road, Mt Eden