Do you fancy yourself a free-pour Picasso or a hot-beverage Banksy? Foodfirst and Restaurant & Cafe present Vitasoy Espress Yourself, so just upload your picture to Instagram, tag @restaurantandcafenz and use the hashtag #espressyourselfnz to be in to win your share of $10,000 cash!
Vitasoy Espress Yourself is a fantastic opportunity for baristas nationwide to showcase their skills in front of a live audience and renowned judges. The winner will take home $5000 cash, with second and third place receiving $2000 and $1500 respectively. The winner of the Vitasoy Espress Yourself People’s Choice Award will also walk away with $1500.
Simply take a photo of your latte art and upload to Instagram using the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafenz.
Alternatively, you can email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge Promotion
Upon submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge that they understand the following terms and conditions. Please note that these terms and conditions include individual responsibilities and requirements of representation imposed on the winner.
- Promotional Period: 1 December 2017 at 12:01am NZDT to 10 February 2018 at 11:59PM NZDT.
- To enter, simply take a photo of your latte art, either free pour or designer or both (as single entries), with dairy or plant milk, and upload to Instagram using the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafenz.
- If you are chosen as a finalist you will be required to provide a photograph of yourself taken with your latte art entry to attest to your work so make sure that you have a photo taken at the same time as your entry photograph and hold on to it.
- If you don’t have Instagram, then email submissions are also accepted at email@example.com.
Mail entries are also accepted at:
VITASOY ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Challenge
PO Box 37140 Parnell
Entries Close 10 February 2018
Finalists announced 12 February 2018
Winners announced 12 March 2018
- Competitors must be working within the hospitality sector in New Zealand. Entries are not permitted from outside New Zealand.
- Competitors must submit photographs of actual latte art that they have produced. Images are not to be filtered, adjusted or altered using any software. Competitors, by submitting an entry confirm that their images have not been tampered with.
- All entries will be loaded onto the VITASOY ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Competition website as part of Restaurant & Cafe magazine.
- All entries will also be eligible for an additional award – The People’s Choice Award. This will be judged from the number of “likes” each entry gets when the Promoter posts it to the Promoter’s Instagram page @restaurantandcafenz.
- The judges will be nominated by the Promoter and they will select three finalists. The entrants will be judged on the most original and creative latte art.
- The Promoter will contact the finalists via their Instagram page.
- These finalists will be required to attend a live judging in Auckland on 12 March 2018. Finalists (if from outside of Auckland) will be flown to Auckland, at the Promoter’s expense, for the final judging. One night’s accommodation will be paid by the Promoter for each finalist travelling from outside of Auckland.
- All three finalists will receive a ticket to the FOODFIRST Gala dinner where the judges will announce the VITASOY ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Challenge Winner on 12 March 2018.
- There will be one additional prize of $1000 cash, and that is for the People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the FoodFirst Gala Dinner on 12 March 2018.
- The Vitasoy Espress Yourself Challenge is a gallery of artistic expression in a competition platform that challenges baristas from around New Zealand to put their best latte art up on instagram. All of the images will be judged by a panel of three industry professionals. A selection of the finalists (3) will be made and these baristas will compete live in Auckland at the FoodFirst exhibition on 12 March 2018 in two separate rounds.
- At the Finals challenge, baristas will be required to:-
- a) Produce a single creative pattern within 10 minutes that will be photographed.
- b) The finalists will then free pour two identical lattes from either one pitcher of dairy milk or one pitcher of plant milk.
- c) Finally each barista will produce two identical designer lattes, etching or surface decoration or surface aid permitted.
- d) Points will be attributed to:
- Visual attributes
- Creativity and innovation
iii. Level of intricacy
- Identical patterns and contrast patterns
- Overall performance
- Finalists must use the plant based and dairy milk brands provided by the Promoter which will be advised in the information pack sent to the finalists. The final of the Vitasoy Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge takes place over one day on 12 March 2018.
- The winner will be announced at the FoodFirst Gala Dinner on 12 March 2018.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- 1st prize $5,000 for plant based or dairy pour via direct deposit to the winner’s nominated bank account;
- 2nd prize $2,500 for plant based or dairy pour via direct deposit to the winner’s nominated bank account;
- 3rd prize, $1500 for plant based or dairy pour via direct deposit to the winner’s nominated bank account; and
- People’s Choice Award. There will be one additional prize of $1000 cash, and that is for the People’s Choice Award, which will be paid via direct deposit to the winner’s nominated bank account.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Entrants warrant that they own the intellectual property in each entry and by entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter and Vitasoy Australia Products Pty Ltd an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Promoter: Review Publishing Co Limited.