Simply take a photo of your latte art and upload to Instagram using the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafenz.
Alternatively, you can email your submission to email@example.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Upon submitting an entry, competitors acknowledge that they understand the following terms and conditions. Please note that these terms and conditions include individual responsibilities and requirements of representation imposed on the winner.
- To enter, simply take a photo of your latte art, either free pour or designer or both (as single entries) and upload to Instagram using the hashtag #espressyourselfnz and tag @restaurantandcafenz.
If you are chosen as a finalist you will be required to forward a photograph of yourself taken with your latte art entry to attest to your work so make sure that you have a photo taken at the same time as your entry photograph and hold on to it.
If you don’t instagram, then email submissions are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail entries are also accepted at:
ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Challenge
PO Box 37140 Parnell
- Competitors must be working within the hospitality sector in New Zealand. Entries are not permitted from outside New Zealand.
- Competitors must submit photographs of actual latte art that they have produced. Images are not to be filtered, adjusted or altered using any software. Competitors, by submitting an entry confirm that their images have not been tampered with.
- All images will be loaded onto the ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Competition website as part of Restaurant & Cafe magazine.
- All entries will also be eligible for an additional award – The People’s Choice Award from votes taken online from the public and foodservice professionals via our facebook page.
- ESPRESS YOURSELF Judges will select three finalists. These finalists will be required to attend a live judging in Auckland on 12 March 2018.
- Finalists (if from outside of Auckland) will be flown to Auckland, at the organisers expense, for the final judging. One night’s accommodation will be paid by the organisers for each finalist travelling from outside of Auckland.
- All three finalists will receive a ticket to the FOODFIRST Gala dinner where the judges will announce the ESPRESS YOURSELF Latte Art Challenge Winner on 12 March 2018.
- There will be one additional prize of $1500 cash, and that is for the People’s Choice Award which will be decided by online voting and announced at the FoodFirst Gala Dinner on 12 March 2018.
- The Espress Yourself Challenge is a gallery of artistic expression in a competition platform that challenges baristas from around New Zealand to put their best latte art up on instagram. All of the images will be judged by a panel of three industry professionals. A selection of the finalists (3) will be made and these baristas will compete live in Auckland at the FoodFirst exhibition on 12 March 2018 in two separate rounds.
- At the Finals challenge, baristas will be required to:-
- a) Produce a single creative pattern within 10 minutes that will be photographed.
- b) The finalists will then free pour two identical lattes from one pitcher of milk.
- c) Finally each barista will produce two identical designer lattes, etching or surface decoration or surface aid permitted.
- d) Points will be attributed to:
- i) Visual attributes
- ii) Creativity and innovation
iii) Level of intricacy
- iv) Identical patterns and contrast patterns
- v) Overall performance
- Finalists must use the milk brand provided by the organisers which will be advised in the information pack sent to the finalists. The final of the Espress Yourself Latte Art Challenge takes place over one day on 12 March 2018.
- The winner will be announced at the FoodFirst Gala Dinner on 12 March 2018.
- Prize Pool – 1stprize $5,000 cash, 2nd prize $2,000 cash, 3rd prize, $1500 cash. People’s Choice Award $1500 cash.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.