By Timo Dicker, Blue Baths, Rotorua
Bloom Tea (Forage & Bloom)
30ml apple cider vinegar
- Make a poaching liquor with fresh turmeric, ginger, lime leaf and fish sauce, simmer 30mins to infuse.
- Make 300ml hibiscus tea with Bloom from Forage & Bloom. Add 50g sugar and 30ml apple cider vinegar. Strain and blend in 300g watermelon, no pips. Strain again.
- Blend in 6g xanthan. Charge twice in cream siphon.
- Cut the broadbill loin into 100g pieces.
- Poach the broadbill 4 minutes in the liquor and finish in the pan or on a grill for colour and to take it to medium.
- Blanch the puha for 15 seconds, strain and season. Plate the puha and arrange fresh herbs with grilled, dressed radishes to create a salad.
- Cut broadbill and present on plate.
- Finish with watermelon froth and a simple reduced fish cream.