Baking powder 1tsp
Lemon zest 1 tsp
For the filling:
Ground almonds 200g
Egg white 1
Milk 4 tbsp
- Mix the quark with the milk, eggs, oil, sugar and lemon zest. Stir in half the flour.
- Mix the rest of the flour with the baking powder and knead in the dough. The dough should be smooth and firm, not sticky – use a little more or less milk if necessary.
- Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°
- Knead the dough thoroughly again and roll out on a well-floured surface to a square of approx. 35x35cm.
- For the filling, mix the almonds, sugar, egg white and milk to a paste.
- Spread the paste on the dough and roll it up.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with baking parchment and brush with egg yolk.
- Cut 1cm/1/2 deep zigzags into the loaf and let rise for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes until golden brown.
Allow to cool and serve in slices.